Ethics and Mediation: Challenges Involving Ethics and Impasse
Monday, May 21, 2018 | 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
This course will address the potential ethical challenges facing mediators focusing primarily on civil mediation. Mediator standards will be featured and dissected in role play/exercise and case studies reflective of actual scenarios encountered by mediators.
• Discussion of Mediator ethics: self-determination, impartiality, conflict of interest, confidentiality
• Group exercises: Series of conflict situations
• Ethics skill building exercises related to confidentiality
• Mediator Ethics: Role play/exercise and debriefing
• Case management function of mediator in addressing ethics concerns
This workshop meets the annual requirement of New Jersey Civil and Family roster mediators for four hours continuing education and provides 4.5 ethics CLE credit hours.
NJ CLE Information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.5 hours of total CLE ethics credit.
Caroline Petrilla, Esq.,(Mediation Office of Caroline Petrilla, Esq. LLC) Formerly of the State Office of Dispute Settlement, and a member of the Rutgers School of Law-Camden adjunct faculty.
Central New Jersey
Southern New Jersey
Philadelphia Metro Area
Rutgers Law School
217 North 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102
CLE: NJ: 4.5 (incl. 4.5 ethics) | NY: 4.5 (incl. 4.5 ethics) | PA: 3.5 (incl. 3.5 ethics)