Addressing the Needs of LGBTQ Youth
|Friday, October 18, 2013 | 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|This full-day conference will focus on the needs of youth who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, or Questioning (LGBTQ) and who are homeless or involved with one of New Jersey’s state agencies that serve children (child welfare, juvenile justice, or mental health). The conference will focus on issues relating to this population of youth in New Jersey and will educate attorneys about the special needs and interests of LGBT youth, including how the attorney-client relationship may be impacted and what attorneys can do to make their clients feel more comfortable. |
Speakers include attorneys, mental health professionals, and social service providers with special experience serving this population of youth.
Co-sponsored by Lambda Legal and the Child Advocacy Clinic, Institute for Professional Education, and Women's Rights Law Reporter of Rutgers School of Law-Newark. Download the program announcement for more information.
FEE WAIVED FOR THOSE NOT SEEKING CLE CREDIT: register online and apply promo code NOCLE145. Lunch is included.
• Nicole Avallone, LMSW, Director of Youth Services, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center
• M. Currey Cook, Senior Staff Attorney, Youth in Out-of-Home Care Project, Lambda Legal
• Leslie Farber, Attorney
• Kimberly Forte, Supervising Attorney - LGBT Law and Policy Initiative at The Legal Aid Society of New York
• Virginia Goggin, Staff Attorney, LGBT Law Project, Matrimonial and Family Law Unit, New York Legal Assistance Group
• Mary Inzana, Executive Director of Lifeties
• Ronald Richter, Commissioner of New York City’s Administration for Children’s Services
• J. Frank Vespa Papaleo, attorney
• Shannan Wilbur, Youth Project Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights
|Location:||Rutgers School of Law-Newark|
S.I. Newhouse Center for Law and Justice
123 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102
|Credits:||CLE: NJ: 5.8 | NY: 5.5 | PA: 4.5|
|Subject Areas:||Constitutional Law |
Judiciary and Court Programs
|Detailed Information:||Program Announcement|